Monday, March 28, 2011

The last two months


Oh Blog how I've missed you. It has been so long since I've written. I guess that's just the cold hard reality of being an Army wife and mother of three. My husband was at yet, another "Army School" for 8 weeks. One would think that I would really need to blog during that period of time, but atlas I was so exhausted from the daily routine, school drop off/pickups, doctor appointments, snow days, home repairs dinner, bath, & bedtime, that there was really no energy left to write.

I'm sure I've missed many blogging opportunities during that 8 week period, like when my oldest son Aubrey threw himself on the lawn outside my parents house screaming about something that wasn't fair, and when I tried to grab his arm and guide him into the car, and he then screamed at the top of his lungs that I was hurting him. I'm sure all the neighbors had their hand on their phones to call 911.

Ella (4) had a few moments of drama herself. If I asked her to pick up her toys, shoes, or clothes, she would proclaim (hand on hip), "why do I have to do everything?", to which I would reply "that's why I had so many kids, to do everything"!

My baby Ryan, now 2 1/2 is regularly cracking me up, but also regularly having all out stomping, screaming fits. He doesn't discriminate between home, and say the grocery store. If he wants to throw a fit, he's going to throw it. He now quotes his older brother and says "one more chance mommy". It's so darn cute but also so hard when the 2 year old says 8 year old things.

Yes, there were many lost blogging opportunities, but one thing is for sure. It's really hard to be the mom and dad and have some sense of normalcy. The kids really miss Wyatt when he is gone, but they are handling it like troopers. I have to acknowledge that they miss their dad, but also not let them use that as an excuse to get away with bad behavior.....a very tight rope to walk.

Through the good and the bad, I'm so very thankful for them. They make me laugh, they make me cry,they make me crazy and they drive me to drink, but mostly they make me smile! So here's to another week without the husband.........we can do it!
Go Army!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should have told the vet story. Oh, well, maybe another day! Great blog today! I had a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete