Tuesday, March 30, 2010

trip home from Portland

Now this trip went pretty much like the flight from Denver to Portland, except we only had a 15 minute drive to get to the airport and they did put us in the very last row in the plane (damn that attendant)!! You know how hot it is back there and it smells like a combo of sewage and funk. Those seats don't recline and since I had a baby on my lap, and the lady in front of me reclined her seat all the way back, we were trapped with about 6 inches of moving space.

After about the 4th stare from the lady in front of me, I stood up and said to my oldest son, "Aubrey, this lady in front of me does not appreciate that I'm sitting here with your brother so could you please change seats with me!" Needless to say she didn't look at me again during the flight! Ahhh just another rude person in the friendly skies!!!

So the only real drama other than exhaustian and the realization that I will NEVER fly with the kids alone again, was getting our baggage. We had three suitcases, a stroller, and all the carry on stuff the kids insisted they needed! So I get it all and make the painful treck out to the curb. After standing there for about 5 minutes I realize that it's only for commercial busses, cabs etc.

OMG at this point I almost start crying and call Wyatt to tell him that we aren't even on the right level so we'll have to figure out how to get there, but I'm so hysterical at this point he says "I'll park the car and come find you". "NO" I say "we can do it just fine, we'll see you down there". Now after 13 years of marriage my husband knows me and my stubborness that I can do it all! So he did park and met up with us on the lower level at the curb. It was a B*#@% getting all the bags in and out of an elevator, and my sweet Ella who was just standing there blocking the door so we couldn't get out of the elevator........Oh it was fun let me tell you!

So we get in the car for a great hour and a half ride home. Now the plan was to stop for dinner somewhere in between with the kids but I think I was so crazy at this point I said "just drive" and we did! I had snacks for the kids and I just couldn't bare the thought of making them sit quietly in a restaurant for an hour or more! Home sweet home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment