Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Day Surprise!

My husband had told me yesterday that he wanted to cook me breakfast for Mother's Day, now my husband doesn't do much cooking but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, so of course I agreed. He woke up today about 7am. I laid in bed a few more minutes then thought I should get a shower as long as he's cooking this morning. After my shower I go downstairs to find the pancake batter made up, but the rest was undone and a mess. Now it had been a little over a half an hour since I started getting ready so I was a bit confused.

The story from my husband Wyatt goes something like this: He would have had breakfast ready before now, but when he got up and went into the mud room to let the dog out, she had crapped all over the place. He cleaned up that nasty mess, and then tried to get breakfast going again. Then low and behold the baby woke up and started crying so he went upstairs to get him, only to find him covered in poop coming out of the diaper. After he cleaned up that mess he came back down and tried again to get things going for breakfast. So the Mother's Day surprise was really for my husband.

At this point I'm so happy that I missed all the poop adventures this morning and thankful that I knew nothing of it while I enjoyed a long shower! So I don't want to get in his way when he's trying to prepare a meal for me because it's so rare, but after he burnt the 8th pancake I had to step in. I decided the best thing to do was to make more batter and throw away the burnt ones. Needless to say, I have to give credit to Wyatt for dealing with the messes this morning and even though I had to take over breakfast and get the kids ready, it was a valiant effort!

Then we went to church and the kids were a little on the cranky side, so all I kept thinking was get me home so my Mothers Day gift to myself can begin! Yes, this year I requested no gifts. All I really wanted was to go shopping by myself! So I was out of here around 12:30 and I didn't get home until after 4pm! It was so wonderful, it was just me and my thoughts! I saw all of these moms shopping with their husbands and their kids.....now what fun is that? You know that the kids and husbands were miserable. I just thought I'd spare everyone and get out on my own! It was wonderful and I really enjoyed my day after all! It started out a little bumpy but it got better, and even though the kids were still cranky when I got home to cook for them, I realized that I am really lucky to have such a great family.......and I vow to appreciate them everyday! Well, most days........well when I'm not livid at them!

So Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there! I know I appreciate my mom so much more now, then before I had kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment