Sunday, May 2, 2010

What a Sunday!

I'm certain that my kids want to drive me nuts on a daily basis but today was over the top. It all started out so ambitiously by going to church as a family. Our baby Ryan was really tired, recovering from a cold all week and just crabby, so Wyatt ended up taking him out of church for the last half hour.

Then we head to McDonalds ( a Sunday treat for the kids if they're good in church) and then home. Everyone ate lunch, and I decided to head to Whole Foods during the one hour I had before we had to be at a friend's house for a play date. I get home at 1pm, the time we're supposed to be at the friends house, and the husband is playing the Wii, Aubrey and Ella have no socks on (it's snowing outside in May!) and the house is trashed! So I'm unloading the groceries, telling the kids to hurry and get ready so we can go. We get to our friends house and knock on the door in the snow, and no one is home. I figured that my friend and I had our wires crossed on the time, and tell the kids to get in the car. My oldest starts half-crying and saying it's not fair, blah blah blah. I say, "I can't help that they're not home and we'll just wait and see if they call". On our way down the street they are getting home from church.....phew! Now we can avoid the near meltdown and let them go play.

So after I pick them up, they are a bit tired and crabby but my mom want's to skype with the kids, so we do. That can sometimes be disastrous because they all start hollering that it's their turn, and Ryan always wants to see the screen so it gets ugly.

We get through that mostly unscathed, and I swear all Hell breaks loose. All at once all three of our offspring are bawling. Aubrey wants to play the Wii and thinks I've said "no", and Ella, slipped on her sweater, and Ryan has been crying for over an hour for no apparent reason.....oh wait a minute, he wanted to vacuum. We got it out for him and then he kept crying because he couldn't make it work and we put it away.

I was trying to get dinner ready and I swear they all kept bickering, crying, hollering, and more crying. Wyatt tried to take Ryan outside to distract him, but he would not be deterred! So after my loosing it just a bit and telling them all that after they ate dinner, they would be going to bed, etc etc etc......I ate in silence and just tried to go to my "happy place" and wait for them to finish their dinner.

So when all was said and done, they were all in their beds by 6:30PM, a new record! Ella is the only one that came downstairs because as she says "I want to tell you something", but she always does that, so all in all it's been quite a Sunday!

Here's to hoping tomorrow is better, I for one need it to be!

1 comment:

  1. dang... 6 30. good work.
    by the by... reading this gave me a small anxiety attack.

    ReplyDelete