Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Another opportunity to Blog!

Today everyone is feeling good, but Ella did wake up in a bit of a funk. She was sleepy on the way to take Brother to school and she didn't say much except that her leg hurt.

We had to take our dog to Camp Bow Wow for her "meeting" with other dogs and then I had to fill out a bunch of paperwork for when we need to board her this upcoming year. The kids did okay there, so I had to go and push it and head to the BX (base exchange) to look for a book I'm supposed to be reading for a new book club I've joined.

Well, as soon as we got into the BX, Ella saw the Starbucks and asked if she could get a vanilla milk. Occasionally I get one for the kids as a special treat but today I just wanted to run in and see if they had the book and get out......haha, Ella had other plans for me. She proceeds to start bawling, I mean all out bawling, so loud all within a mile radius can hear us.

So I ignore her and keep saying, come on Ryan, come on Ella while we make our way to the book area. Of course I forgot the stroller in the garage today so I had to let them both walk.....ugh! Then I must have heard no less than 100 times "mommy can we get the milk". I told her that I already said the answer was no, so stop asking, and then she would launch into more very loud obnoxious crying fits! Then her tactic changed to "mommy, can we get some licorice?". Now I'm not sure what world she's living in, because I don't give in when the kids are acting like they've lost their minds, so I have no idea why she keeps asking, but I"m just trying to comb the books and find the darn book! I did find two other books I wanted, so I grab those and just told the kids "come on , we are going home!".

This is already a little embarrassing that Ella is still bawling but I ignore her and try to make our way to the checkout stand. I turn around and Ryan isn't behind me so I briefly panic and start looking for him, he's two check stands down taking out the box of m&m's and bringing it to me..........aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh! Can't a girl just stop in the store and get a damn book????

So we get to the checkout lane and the lady asks "what's wrong?" I say "good question" and then she asks "did she(Ella) want something".......I mean can't she just mind her business and check me out? NO we have to play 10 questions and explain why my 3 year old is having a fit in the store! But I politely explain my daughter didn't get what she wanted and she's having a fit. Then she says "oh, honey, you can't have everything you want". I totally agree with her but I just really want out of there. Then we walk back past Starbucks and Ella really starts to wail, and this really elderly couple looks at us and kind of smiles at me. They either understand or just feel sorry for me, or the kids?....well anyway.

Then out to the parking lot (still bawling I might add) and an old man says "who's making all that noise?", I say "good question, she is disturbing the peace!". A few other soldiers look at me and kind of laugh. I guess I must have just looked exasperated.

So on the brief drive home I laugh and say out loud, "well it's just another opportunity to blog". This blogging AKA therapy must be working because I kept it together even though I wanted to freak out. Ella cried all the way home and now is taking a nap! ahhh! Without my family, what would I have to blog about?

OH and as I read this to my husband he reminded me that I didn't mention that the dog chewed up another book! hahahaha (please refer to blog entitled "DOG STORY") The husband says our talk didn't work! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Gina, Gina, Gina. You are an inspiration to us all. Maybe this blog will be my outlet too :) When something does not go right with my kids, I might just have to say outloud "This would make a good blog for Gina!" hahahaha
    Maybe we should get Owen and Ella together and lock them in a room together because it seems they are acting the exact same way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earn online easy money at your door step
    for about 10$ on just one click hurry up!
    (smart way to make fast money)

    ReplyDelete