Monday, April 19, 2010

Dog story


So we adopted a miniature poodle a few months ago and she is great! She is so sweet to the kids and loves me, but to my husband on the other hand......she used to bark at him all the time, then he was alone with her for the week while the kids and I were out of town. They briefly bonded and now about a month later she is avoiding him again.

So the husband loves the dog.....well, likes the dog would be more accurate. She is a year and a half old and hasn't really done much chewing on anything, she's so sweet but lately she has decided that she is a puppy, and started slinking off with the kids toys. I am thankful for this because maybe we can manage to throw out some of the kids crap around here, especially if it has chew marks in it.

A few days ago my husband comes down the stairs and he's holding something and has a look on his face like he is furious.....He says "I'm livid right now!" So of course I ask why, and he shows me a book that he had sitting on the floor in our bedroom that has been gnawed on a bit. I can't help but laugh because we have 3 kids and things are always getting trashed, but he is so mad about this book. The book probably did cost a fortune because my husband will spare no expense on his book collection. So he stomps off to take a shower. I have the giggles about this which I know is making him more mad at me so I come up with an idea.

I take the dog (Hailey) upstairs and while holding her I tell my husband that I had a talk with Hailey and she feels really bad about chewing up his book. (I'm cracking up again thinking about this conversation, hahaha), anyway, he says "I'm sure she does". I laugh some more and tell him "look, that's what happens when you have kids and dogs, your shit gets trashed so be mad, take a shower and get over it" He said "yeah, I guess you're right", laughed a small laugh and hopped in the shower. When he came down he was over it......well mostly over it! hahahahahaha!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! I can just see you giggling over that one...I would have done the same thing!!! AS IF their precious "stuff" should be spared!!!!

    ReplyDelete